LaSalle’s Local School Council (LSC) is comprised of twelve members, the principal plus six parents, two teachers, one non-teacher staff member and two community members. Elections are held every two years, and the current LSC term runs until June of 大发11选五. Elections for the next LSC scheduled for April 22nd 大发11选五 (Report Card Pickup Day).
LSC responsibilities include:
· Hiring and evaluating the 大发11选5 principal
· Approving usage of 大发11选5 facilities
· Approving fundraising conducted on behalf of the 大发11选5
· Approving the 大发11选5 budget and 大发11选5 financial activity
· Approving the 大发11选5’s strategic plan (CIWP)
In addition, the LSC has advisory responsibilities to the principal on topics including:
· Discipline policies
· The allocation of teachers and other resources at the 大发11选5
LSC monthly meetings usually are held the second or third Wednesday of each month, starting at 5:45pm in the 大发11选5 library. They are open to the public, and agendas are posted outside the 大发11选5 and on the 大发11选5 website at least two days in advance, with minutes available after the following month’s meeting.
Guests are welcome and every meeting includes a Public Comment portion that allows anyone who wants the opportunity to provide their perspective to the LSC.